I Do! Take Two Forum: Vow Renewal in Original Church - Wedding Vow Renewal Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

Vow Renewal in Original Church Is it too much to host Vow Renewal in church

Array

#1 User is offline   mommy2ree

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
My husband and I have been together 10yrs and will be married for 5 yrs next October. My husband would like to do a vow renewal in the Church we got married in. The last few years have not been good and we were separated for almost 2 of them due to drinking and drug abuse. My husband and I are back together and I feel we are getting stronger every day. He is in AA and has opened his life to God and all he has to offer. He wants to have a small renewal at the church with just family then a party to celebrate our life together. We know itís not a wedding so no bridal party or anything like that for us. My question is it too much with the Church?

#2 User is offline   the_admin

• Remarriage Forum Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1,034
YAY! That's a wonderful reason to renew and to celebrate, isn't it?

Performing a wedding vow renewal service happens quite often in church. In your case I think it would be especially poignant since the two of you have returned to God. Speak to your minister to find out what needs to be done to host this service at your church.

God bless you both as you travel through his rehabilitation process and your new life together.
Remarriage Expert

#3 User is offline   Father Ken

• Pastor
  • PipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 23
God is Good! I canít think of a better reason to renew your vows, or a better place for that matter. Prayers of support during these rebuilding times. Continue to be there for each other, and it is my hope that your marriage strengthens every step you take.
Father Ken Zelten OFM, Senior Pastor Ministers in a Minute; curriculum director at BCE Training academy, West Tennessee.

Share this topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users