I Do! Take Two Forum: How to do sand ceremony with vow renewal - Wedding Vow Renewal Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

How to do sand ceremony with vow renewal

Array

#1 User is offline   JulieJ

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
We would like to renew our vows at an event that is very near and dear to us. This will be on our 16th anniversary. We will be at an American Cancer Society Relay for Life event. (I am a 6 year cancer survivor.) We are planning a very casual ceremony with a Mickey & Minnie Theme to tie in with the relay theme of "Magical Moments". I was wondering how we could tie in a sand ceremony into our renewal (we did not do one in our wedding).

#2 User is offline   the_admin

• Remarriage Forum Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1,034
Congratulations from one survivor to another! Also congrats on having a successful 16 year marriage. Both are truly wonderful events to celebrate.

I might need a little more information about your renewal ceremony in order to advise you with regard to incorporating the sand ceremony. Will there be just the two of you participating or will there be dome family/children. Ages? Please advise and if you have any other questions related to your vow renewal please post them separately in a new post so that the appropriate expert can receive your question.

In the meantime, feel free to search for past advice. have you seen this questions and the responses:
Sand ceremony for vow renewal

There may be more to sift through while you wait for the other experts to respond.
Remarriage Expert

#3 User is offline   Father Ken

• Pastor
  • PipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 23
Congratulations on six years, and may you have many, many more to add to that number. Congratulations, also, on making the choice to renew your vows. We recently performed a wedding that started the annual St. Jude marathon, here in Memphis.

The choice of using the "sand ceremony" is becoming a very popular alternative to using Unity candles. (Sand doesn't blow out with a passing breeze, and the combining of the two colors of sand can be quite dramatic.) Since you have a Mickey/Minnie mouse theme, I would suggest using "black and white" sands.

Typically, the colored sand is blended together in one vase, as the presiding officiant explains the meaning of the act, to the guests who have gathered together. Since you have been married for 16 years, you way wish to involve any children you may have, with their own color of sand, and make it a "family celebration" You could also forgo the explanation by your minister, with "special music." Perhaps something from Disney...?

The "sand ceremony" could be included anywhere within the body of the ceremony, but our staff usually suggests towards the end...after any rings are exchanged, and just before pronouncing you "once again" husband and wife.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be a wonderful celebration. God Bless
Father Ken Zelten OFM, Senior Pastor Ministers in a Minute; curriculum director at BCE Training academy, West Tennessee.

Share this topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users