I Do! Take Two Forum: Vow Renewal in NYC - Wedding Vow Renewal Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

Vow Renewal in NYC

Array

#1 User is offline   jooleroo

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
I am from the UK, my husband and I are looking to renew our vows for our 10th wedding anniversary in March 2012 and would very much like to do so in NYC, maybe a location in Central Park.

I was wondering if anyone had any information they could give me on how to do this, whether we would require any licences or special permissions etc, and how to find someone to "take" the ceremony, and what sort of prices are charged for someone to officiate a blessing/vow renewal.

It will not be a large ceremony, it will be the two of us plus 2-4 close friends.

Thank you very much for any help.

#2 User is offline   the_admin

• Remarriage Forum Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1,034
We don't usually offer local type of advice like this, but you're in luck since the reverend Susanna and I are both native to that area.

No license is needed for a wedding vow renewal ceremony. However, if you want to have a party in the park I believe you would have to get a license for that. If it's just the two of you and an officiant that shouldn't need approval.
The rest of your questions I believe can be answered by reverend Susanna since she offers that service.

You can find more officiants at http://www.topweddin...-officiant.html

Happy anniversary and have a great trip.
Remarriage Expert

#3 User is offline   RevSusanna

• INTERFAITH MINISTER & AUTHOR
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 75
I am a native to NYC, live here, and have done many vow renewals in Central Park. No license is required for the vow renewal ceremony. No permission from the Parks Department is required if your gathering has less than 20 people. However, many couples get the permission from the Park's Department (you can obtain it on line -- the fee is nominal) as a way to ensure that the space remains free of pedestrians. My favorite spot for intimate vow renewals is The Bow Bridge Boat Landing. Another favorite spot---not as far of a walk into the park/and easier to find---is The Ladies Pavilion. Each provides "some" shelter in case of light rain or snow. This is a major consideration as March in NYC can be extremely cold. Snow or cold rain is typical. You may want to consider a back up plan. Fees vary as to the complexity of the ceremony. I hope this helps. Blessings!
Reverend Susanna
Joining Hands and Hearts: Interfaith, Intercultural Wedding Celebrations : A Practical Guide for Couples

Share this topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users