I Do! Take Two Forum: wedding gifts for elopement - Second Wedding Etiquette Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

wedding gifts for elopement

Array

#1 Guest_Nakwandry_*

• Group: Guest users
My stepsister is eloping to Jamaica, it will be the 2nd marriage for both. They have suggested that their decision to elope is a budgetary one, though my stepsister actually eloped for her first wedding & had a big country club wedding reception upon her return. The couple have been living together for quite some time but have registered for wedding gifts, despite having no plans for a reception or party. Part of me feels hurt that presents are expected, while presence is clearly not! Am I wrong?

#2 User is offline   the_admin

• Remarriage Forum Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1,034
Presents should never be EXPECTED even when your prescence IS! Wedding gifts should come from the heart.

If your sister has asked for a gift or implied that gifts are expected...shame on her. [pirate] The mere fact that they have registered for wedding gifts does not mean that you are obligated to give a gift.

If you feel you want to give a small rememberance to wish them luck in their new lives together, by all means, go ahead and give but gifts should never be expected, with or without the reception.
Remarriage Expert

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users