I Do! Take Two Forum: vow renewal in Jamaica, what to wear? - Wedding Vow Renewal Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

vow renewal in Jamaica, what to wear?

Array

#1 User is offline   Chelle

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
My husband and I have booked a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary to jamaica. Upon looking threw some of the hotel features I noticed they offered a vow renewal ceremony.

Anyway since it would be just the two of us would it be OK if i wore a simple wedding dress, nothing too fancy? My husband will be wearing a khaki colored pant and white button up shirt.

We got married when I was pregnant so it was a very small wedding in my parents house and since i was pregnant I didn't bother with a wedding dress, just a simple off white dress. Our photos were taken by my dad with his digital camera and printed off his printer.

So I would really like to wear a wedding dress and get some nice photos and what not, I just don't want to look silly by doing it.

They include a boutonniere and bouquet for us in the package and a small cake. The ceremony would be at 10 am, in a gazebo on a cliff over the ocean, it is about 15 minutes in length and then the photographer will take us to some other sites for more pictures.

Anyway I havent really looked for any dresses yet, but i remember finding a nice white dress was a pain when i got married so being able to use a wedding dress would also be much easier I think, although I could be wrong. Here are some pics of the type of dress i was thinking off.

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 552
Dear Chelle,

Since you will have no guests, you can do whatever you wish to do. There are no restrictions. Enjoy!

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette Consultant, Etiquette Now

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users