I Do! Take Two Forum: Private Ceremony; Announcement & Reception Invite - Invitation Etiquette for Second Weddings and Vow Renewals - I Do! Take Two Forum

Private Ceremony; Announcement & Reception Invite

Array

#1 User is offline   sblazenby

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
This will be the second marriage for both of us so we decided to keep things simple...private ceremony at church on a Sunday afternoon. We would like to have a reception about 6 weeks after the wedding for family and friends. I would like to send wedding announcements. How should I proceed? Is it appropriate to word the announcement including the reception? Should I send an announcement and a separate reception invitation? HELP!

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 552
Dear Private Ceremony,

Your announcement should be issued exactly as it would be for a first wedding--immediately after the ceremony. Your announcements and reception invitations should be on separate cards, but could be inside the same envelope. These could be worded traditionally: Jane Moore and John James announce their marriage Saturday, the third of July Two thousand and four, with the location mentioned on the last line. The reception invitation could be as formal or less, it is entirely your choice.

Congratulations!

Sincerely,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette Consultant, Etiquette Now

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users