I Do! Take Two Forum: What should couple wear for beach vow renewal? - Wedding Vow Renewal Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

What should couple wear for beach vow renewal?

Array

#1 User is offline   mollysmom

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
After reading all the posts about appropriate dresses to wear for renewal of vows, I'm kind of confused! My husband and I were married at a Justice of the Peace 23 years ago. We want to renew our vows on or close to our 25th wedding anniversary in September (so we have plenty of time). At our original wedding, I wore a light blue knee-length thin dress. I saw a beautiful long ivory silk mesh dress with rhinestones, faux-pearls and embroidery....straight with polyester lining. Its sleeveless with netting on the upper back and upper front. I think it is a wedding dress or it could be. We are planning on having the renewal ceremony at a house on the beach by the pool...under a covering. I want to walk from the beach down the long walkway to the ceremony site barefooted with nothing on my head! This dress is gorgeous but after reading some posts I'm afraid that people will be laughing or snickering when they see me in this dress. The ceremony will be at sunset with lots of candles and lanterns so please advise on the dress issue. And what should my husband wear if you think this dress is ok?

Thanks

mollysmom!

#2 User is offline   the_admin

• Remarriage Forum Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1,034
It sounds as if the dress you love will look like a wedding dress, which may seem confusing. Plus, it sounds a bit too formal (and HOT!). Rhinestones are reserved for night, formal occasions. Beach services are usually less formal with dresses made of lightweight, gauzy type fabrics.

Your husband could wear a lightweight linen suit or a nice shirt and slacks, depending on what you choose. The two of you should coordinate with regard to formality.

Thanks for asking and happy anniversary.
Remarriage Expert

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users