I Do! Take Two Forum: Second marriage for groom, first for bride - Second Wedding Etiquette Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

Second marriage for groom, first for bride

Array

#1 User is offline   Big dog 2

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
My son (34 years old) recently became engaged to a 34 year old woman who has never been married. They are now planning the wedding and we are in the process of compiling a guest list. Our son's guest list is the one we have a question about. Are there issues we need to consider---such as what about family/friends that were invited to the first wedding and gave gifts---how should that be handled. If it matters the first wedding was about 8 years ago--out of state and lasted about 9 months (no children).

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 552
Dear Big Dog 2,

Your son can invite anyone he wishes, even if the guest was invited to his first wedding. However, anyone who gave a gift for his first wedding is not obligated to give another this time. But, this shouldn't be a consideration when considering whom to invite and it shouldn't be mentioned.

Your son and his fiance compile the guest list, parents do not. If he would like to offer you a part of the list, he will. These guests should be close to him, not just friends of yours.

There really is no other issue to consider when it comes to his second wedding.

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette Consultant, Etiquette Now

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users