I Do! Take Two Forum: How to announce second marriage - Second Wedding Etiquette Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

How to announce second marriage

Array

#1 User is offline   Promise1965

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
My fiance and I just became engaged.
He has been divorced once and widowed and so have I.

He has no children and I have a grown daughter. Both of us are in our 40's.

My question concerns our engagement announcement more than it does anything else.

We both have extended family who are as yet unaware of our engagement and we have decided to send out engagement announcements ( similar to wedding invitations) but cannot decide how it should be worded, given the fact that the announcements will be sent to both sides of the family.

He and I both want my daughter to announce the engagement but are not sure this is proper etiquette.

This is the wording we are considering:

Miss (daughter's name) proudly announces the engagement of her mother (my full name maiden and legal last name) to(His full name).

The wedding will be held (location and date)

Would this be proper or should we announce it as a couple?

Thank you for your help.

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 552
Dear Promise,

This isn't done anymore. If an engagement is announced, it is announced in the paper. These would appear to be a plea for gifts and may be confused with invitations.

If these people will be receiving wedding invitations, then this would be your announcement. If not, why not just tell them? You could also send save the dates to those who would be invited.

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette Consultant, Etiquette Now

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users