I Do! Take Two Forum: Officiants at Vow Renewal???? - Second Wedding Etiquette Advice - I Do! Take Two Forum

Officiants at Vow Renewal????

Array

#1 User is offline   welmakers

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 0
My husband an I are renewing our wedding vows this year in October. We have be married 7 years and we are crazy about the 70s so we have planned a 1970s theme wedding. We are not your traditional bride and groom so nothing about this wedding will be traditional. Which brings me to my question. My husband and I are spiritual people and we believe in God, but we had a small ceremony in front of a minister and in front of God, and we don't want to do that again. We do want to simulate the ceremony, and exchanging vows, but just minus all of the formallities. We are not apart of a church and we don't know any judges or ship captains, so how can we handle this situation without being offensive. Just a little additional information, we do have a very close friend that we would like to host the event, could he stand in?

Groovy Girl

#2 User is offline   the_admin

• Remarriage Forum Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1,034
A renewal of vows does not require any minister or officiant since you have already been married in the eyes of the church.

Enjoy!
Remarriage Expert

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users