I Do! Take Two Forum: 2nd wedding beach wedding dress - What to Wear for a Second Wedding - I Do! Take Two Forum

2nd wedding beach wedding dress

Array

#1 User is offline   GAbridetobe

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
I am getting married in Oct. It will be a 2nd marriage for us both. Here are a few questions... We are getting married on the beach at Tybee Island near sunset. My fiance is wearing a white outfit made of a light linen/cheesecloth material. Very Island-y! [:)] I want to wear a more traditional dress (I borrowed a dress for my 1st-and really want a dress of my own this time) Can we have both styles? We have decided not to wear shoes at all, keeping with the beach theme-is that o.k.? And I have read over and over on this site that veils are a BIG no-no. I didn't wear one the 1st time and my fiance is very disappointed because he said he was looking forward to "lifting the veil to see your face"[blush] Are there any exceptions to the rule? Thanks for any advise!!

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 552
Dear Beached,

You can have a traditional style dress made in lighter fabric. So, the style of the dress would be traditional, but it wouldn't look so formal. You would really want to keep the style consistent or it may look like you two are attending different weddings.

The veil issue is a bit more relaxed these days. You can wear a veil, but it shouldn't cover your face. This style, the blusher, is still reserved for the first time bride. So, perhaps you could find one that just covers your eyes.

Actually, your wedding is going to be so informal that a traditional veil probably wouldn't look right anyway. You really want to keep the tone and style consistent.

With a wedding on a beach, it seems as though you would want the wind in your hair. :)

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette Consultant, Etiquette Now

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users