I Do! Take Two Forum: Remarriage after Spouse Death - Widows and Widowers Planning To Remarry - I Do! Take Two Forum

Remarriage after Spouse Death

Array

#1 User is offline   hachiko56

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
My wife of 13 years died from complications from Gastric Bypass Surgery 2/13/2004. She leaves behind a loving husband and two wonderful boys 8/11. I am 48 years old and I retired from the US Navy in 1996 after 20 years of service. I am currently seeing a women (45 years old) who has a 24 year old daughter who is getting married in June. She has been divorced for over 20 years. In those 20 years she was raising her daughter. But now that her daughter is getting married, she feels she needs to settle down and get married. We have known each other for 5 years exchanging cards nothing more. But since my wifes death we have become closer. Is it too soon to remarry???

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 552
Dear Remarrying,

From an etiquette point of view it is not too soon. However, you began your letter with "She leaves behind a loving husband... ." Plus, you stated that the women you are seeing, "feels she needs to settle down and get married." This makes me wonder if you need more time. You didn't say anything about loving her or wanting to marry.

There is nothing wrong with waiting. If you decide to marry, please decide based upon what you want and need to do because you love her.

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette Consultant, Etiquette Now

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users