I Do! Take Two Forum: Including Step Children in second wedding ceremony - Invitation Etiquette for Second Weddings and Vow Renewals - I Do! Take Two Forum

Including Step Children in second wedding ceremony

Array

#1 User is offline   Sage3627

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 2
My fiancee has a 21 year old daughter, and I have 2 daughters, 6 years old and 15 years old. We want to include them in a portion of our wedding. (We are getting married in our back yard by the creek.) I would like the officiant to say something about us accepting the others' children. Looking for suggestions...

#2 User is offline   RevSusanna

• INTERFAITH MINISTER & AUTHOR
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 75
After you and your beloved say your vows to one another, you can together state a vow to your children. Or you can include your children within your vows, i.e. I promise to be a devoted, caring friend and stepfather to... Or I promise to care for (name) and (name) loving them as my own.... If you light a unity candle, you can also light candles represent each of them or light a separate family candle (indicating the light of love and devotion to the children including each other's children). Also, after you present your rings to one another, you can give them gifts....pendents, inscribed bracelets, pins or an inscribed watch for a boy. You can give each child a rose with attached personal notes from both of you (telling them how much you love and care for them). Your officiant can bless you as a family. As an officiant, I sometimes speak to the children myself.

There are so many ways! Come from the heart, be creative... It will make all the difference! Speak to your officiant. He or she may have his/her own suggestions. If you or they weep, that is okay too! It just adds to the beauty of it all.

Blessings upon your new expanded family!

Rev. Susanna
Reverend Susanna
Joining Hands and Hearts: Interfaith, Intercultural Wedding Celebrations : A Practical Guide for Couples

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users